[kdenlive] [GSOC] Porting to Windows, need help with projetc details

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Mon Mar 23 23:07:53 UTC 2015

Le dimanche 22 mars 2015, 23:17:03 Mario Fux a écrit :
> Am Sonntag, 22. März 2015, 18.08:28 schrieb Klemen Ferjančič:
> > I've already been warned about the KF version situation. If I understand
> > correctly, Kdenlive is currently on KF4 but is in the process of being
> > ported to KF5? I guess it could be problematic if KF5 branch is not in
> > stable enough state for me.
> > Can someone explain me what is the current situation with Kdenlive and KF?
> A KF5 based version of Kdenlive will be released as part of KDE Applications
> 15.04 and thus in April and thus soon ;-). (damn, reminder to myself, should
> start on release notes for 15.04 ;-).
I confirm, branch "master" is about to be officially released ("Applications/15.04").
Based on KF5, it should be usable (unfortunately not much tested), at least a good basis for work.
The more unstable branch is "frameworks" in which JB and I are working on refactoring, still functional but not very safe...

> In general KDE Frameworks 5 (KF5) or most of it should work on Windows too
> (they're after all Qt Addons). And there is even work going on to extend our
> KDE CI build infrastructure to Mac OSX and Windows. As I read tonight MacOSX
> should already work.
And it seems MacPorts are running quite well, as the bugs received from this platform don't seem blocking whole functionality.

> > Are there any other dependencies which I should be worried about?
> This is a question that Vincent and jb could answer.
Kdenlive is based on MLT, itself based on FFmpeg.
MLT is delivered on Mac and Windows at least for Shotcut (also based on Qt5).

I don't expect much work on source are bringing dependences, those 2 ports are mainly a packaging work, for which we haven't much knowledge in the team...

> Btw guys, what about a Kdenlive IRC meeting for all the GSoC interested
> students?
==> https://framadate.org/ii781kpcyh98p31i
(will remind in a separate mail)

Unfortunately we have not a single test written :-(
I personally run small projects with several clip types, effects types (keyframe, region...), transitions, play with the opened timeline...
really insufficient I admit.

Installer may be standard but we don't have it, don't find time/interest to learn and do it by ourselves...
CI is on KDE sysadmins side, we should ask them (IRC?)

BR,
Vincent