[kdenlive] building Kdenlive/KF5

Vincent Pinon vpinon at april.org
Sun Jan 4 21:22:30 UTC 2015

Le samedi 3 janvier 2015, 08:48:53 Steve Guilford a écrit :
> Helpful info !!!
>
> Can we include the info below on the KF5 porting page?
> https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development/KF5
>
> On 01/03/2015 05:21 AM, jb wrote:
> > I am using a 15.04 beta version of Kubuntu that provides all the Qt/KDE
> > packages required to build Kdenlive, I think it is the easiest way to test
> > Kdenlive/frameworks branch. But that also means you cannot easily go back
> > to KDE4.

As "P" shortly replied, a good possibility (which I adopted for now) is a
(s)chroot environment.
I would like to explain in more details, but as a start you can look for
"debootstrap" and "schroot" on debian or ubuntu wikis.

But then switching between environments is not always comfortable:
I get many warnings from DBus & others everytime I start kdenlive in the
chroot to the host X server, same for kdevelop (to be able to debug builds
inside), and in both cases it is quite long to open the file dialogs due to
uninitialized KDE session...
Maybe readers here have hints for this workflow : should I start a chrooted KDE
session (2nd X server etc)?