[kdenlive] GSoC Project

Gurjot Singh Bhatti bhattigurjot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 03:39:31 UTC 2015

On 17 February 2015 at 02:43, Vincent Pinon <vpinon at kde.org> wrote:
> All development effort is now concentrated on KDE Frameworks 5 version,
> so as a developer you should have an environment providing this SDK: Vivid
> (or Suse/Arch/anything, but true that all of us will help you more easily with Kubuntu)
>
> At the beginning in November I confined it in a chroot (see howto on our dev wiki page),
> but since then I switched to it as permanent environment and I don't see any important problem...

Okay. I'll set up Vivid env. in my VBox.

<snip>
> The goal would be to improve our keyframes editor (try for example an affine transition or a brightness effect)
> to take into account this new MLT capability (have a look at the link in this idea section),
> allowing to switch discrete/linear/spline nodes and view the curve
> in effect stack / timeline / monitor depending on case.

This seems like a good project as well. I was just concerned about the
priority of the project. But I guess it is okay. :-)

> Titler is a completely different story, the goal is 1st to do some trials with WebVFX,
> then evolve our editor to generate WebVFX code instead of QImage commands,
> and then add new functionalities, extending the UI (maybe to rethink in future, but let's progress step by step).
>
> I think we shouldn't plan too much, SoC is rather short for getting into a new codebase,
> trying new things, stabilizing code for delivery + reporting.
> If completed before end it's always time to help on the rest!
>
> Hope this answers your 1st interrogations,

Yes it does.
Is this script going to build the latest code?
http://www.mltframework.org/twiki/bin/view/MLT/BuildScripts

--
Gurjot Singh Bhatti
Website: http://bhattigurjot.com