[kdenlive] Lokalize app with the new repo?

Harvey Drant linuxkurd at india.com
Fri Aug 28 12:33:07 UTC 2015

Hi!

I'm trying to translate KDEnlive. I cannot find kdenlive when I follow this guide:

https://kdenlive.org/contribution-manual/how-translate-kdenlive

(also it lists the wrong mailing list on there)

yurchor has been helping me out though, and told me this:

> Because Kdenlive is KF5-based application now. So it is in l10n-kf5 folderon KDE server. l10n-kde4 should be changed into l10n-kf5 in the Lokalizerepo address.

However, when I click the wizard in Lokalize, there is no option to change the repo address. I also checked the settings and so on.

By copying the en_GB locale files on my system and using msgunfmt, I've been able to open the files and change most of the things (kdelibs4.mo and kdenlive.mo), however I don't know all of the files KDEnlive uses.

Can someone tell me how to find this list or provide it to me?

For instance, I want to change the default track names where it says "Video 1" "Video 2" ... "Audio 1" ...

Lastly if I use the KDE platform, can I also submit to the Ubuntu translation project or will this cause a conflict?

Do I have to wait for the next Linux release that the translation can be used? Or is there someway to get it pushed to the new Ubuntu without waiting for 6 months or so? Will updated KDEnlive packages include the new translations too?

Thanks!