[kdenlive] libdv4 is libdv?

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Apr 15 16:11:14 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 5:24 AM, jbm <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 April 2015 13.55:29 Narcis Garcia wrote:
> > I've installed Kdenlive 0.9.10 in some computers with Ubuntu 14.04, and
> > the first-start wizard says that libdv is not installed.
> > There is a "libdv4" package installed, but doesn't seem to be recognized
> > as useful for this.
>
> If you have the Avformat module, there is no need to worry. the DV module
> was
> useful with the first generation digital camcorders that recorded in DV.
> The
> Avformat module can also handle DV files now.
> The wizard shows "DV module" missing when MLT has been compiled without
> the DV
> module. So you would need to install libdv4-dev and recompile MLT if for
> some
> reason you really it.

The libdv module in MLT is deprecated since v0.9.2 (almost a year). This
means they are no longer a part of the default make target, and one can
only explicitly compile them afterwards using "make -C src/modules/dv".
This also means most mlt packages no longer will include the DV module, and
the check for it in Kdenlive should be removed.