[kdenlive] libdv4 is libdv?

jbm jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Apr 15 12:24:07 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 15 April 2015 13.55:29 Narcis Garcia wrote:
> I've installed Kdenlive 0.9.10 in some computers with Ubuntu 14.04, and
> the first-start wizard says that libdv is not installed.
> There is a "libdv4" package installed, but doesn't seem to be recognized
> as useful for this.

If you have the Avformat module, there is no need to worry. the DV module was
useful with the first generation digital camcorders that recorded in DV. The
Avformat module can also handle DV files now.
The wizard shows "DV module" missing when MLT has been compiled without the DV
module. So you would need to install libdv4-dev and recompile MLT if for some
reason you really it.

regards
jb