[Kdenlive-devel] movit in kdenlive build script

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Mon Mar 17 20:04:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 06:44:24PM +0100, Vincent PINON wrote:
> I think supporting lower end machines is still something to take into
> account : on recent gadgets (Atom, ARM Chromebook) I still would like to
> edit videos with my preferred sw! (up to who cares)

FWIW: All recent Atoms I've seen come with hardware capable of running Movit.
(I regularly run the unit tests on my Atom-based HTPC at home to check that
things work with nVidia, for instance.)

The ARM Chromebooks come with Mali T-604, which do not support desktop
OpenGL, but support GLES 3.0, which has enough features. GLES 3.0 support is
something I am actively working to get into Movit (it is mainly dependent on
a bit of glue code, and my test hardware for it arriving), but I don't know
offhand how this works with Qt.

In general, it's really hard to buy a computer these days without a pretty
advanced GPU. :-)

> Anyhow, I see it as a very good thing that things change and go forward,
> polishing can come on a good working basis.

Agreed.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/