[Kdenlive-devel] Feature for kdenlive....

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 22:39:50 UTC 2014

Hi there, everybody.

I _know_ that there is a lot going on with the code, and that we don't
have a load of developers.

However, I have to tell you that the newer vid.stab filter in mlt is
absolutely amazing!

To add it into mlt is not a big hassle.
Get the source code for vid.stab library here:
https://github.com/georgmartius/vid.stab/tarball/release-0.98b

Homepage of the project is:
http://public.hronopik.de/vid.stab/features.php?lang=en

It will become an optional dependency of mlt in the future as it is
already in use for Shotcut, but for now, mlt has to be fetched from
git and built on your machine to utilize this new filter.

If you are on Arch, I have already made an AUR package for vid.stab,
and mlt-git is already pulling it in automatically. Thanks,
IncredibleLaser!

Once built, 'melt -query filters | grep stab' will return three video
stabilization filters:
vidstab
videostab
videostab2

vidstab is the new one. It's command line options are exactly the same
as videostab2

Now, in kdenlive, videostab2 is referred as "transcode"

If we could duplicate the module in kdenlive that drives videostab2
and call it "vid.stab" and modify it to use the new filter and add it
to the clip jobs menu, that would be awesome!

In the meantime, I am stabilizing my videos on the command line.

--
Evert Vorster
Chief Observer