[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive future (preparing Randa)

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Thu Jun 26 07:21:13 UTC 2014

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2014, 23.01:19 schrieb Vincent PINON:
> Hi all,

Morning Vincent

Thanks for bringing up this topic.

> First, thanks to Till for posting news and writing about sprint
> fundraising. (would it be possible to give some money we got from our
> previous
> campaign to this event, as the goals are related?)

[snip]

> In any case it seems we would have to wait for quite a long time before
> we could release a version with new features (if we don't receive an
> exceptional new amount of energy - maybe in Randa?)

That I certainly hope and will do what I can to support you there as much as
possible.

> A side question is about our organization :
> as we work openly and with few manpower, "master" branch remained
> unusable during several month twice last years (and so rolling packages
> like the ones from dev PPA or Arch).
> how could we enforce the "work in a branch" rule, balancing with the
> need for help and visibility (testers => packages)?
> should we go through a review process before merge into master?

What about Review Board (http://reviewboard.kde.org)? Could this be of use for
you. KDE Frameworks 5 and Plasma 5 use it extensively and it seems to serve
them well. And there are other projects as well that use ReviewBoard.

And what about switching Mantis over to KDE's Bugzilla as well. Then you might
get additional man power to e.g. triage bugs etc.

And as a last step switch over the mailing lists as well. Just tell me if you
are interested in the above proposals and I might help you do find out the
details.

> recommended for quality, but who has time for this? I don't feel enough
> skilled to legitimately accept or reject complex contributions (I can
> mostly be a first tester, is it enough?)
>
> Please share your opinion (and sorry if I expressed anything in a wrong
> way, I don't want to harm anybody)
>
> BR,
>
> Vincent.

Thx and cu in Randa