[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive future (preparing Randa)

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:45:23 UTC 2014

Hi there.
I am just a user of Kdenlive, and I do want to thank all the coders
for all the hard work on this great video editor.

I report bugs to Mantis, with any workarounds as I find them.

As I am not a coder, I cannot appreciate the implications of a rewrite
versus a refactoring as far as the amount of work involved.

>From a user perspective, though... I think a refactoring is better
than a rewrite, as the project stays usable while the changes are
happening under the hood.

Also, since the code is rather messy, it might be an idea to do the
housekeeping first.

I thought that a refactor would achieve both cleaner code and make
bugs occur less often.

Once the refactor is complete, adding new features or frameworks might
be a lot easier.

Again, thanks for all the hard work, Kdenlive is a great video editor!

-Evert-

Evert Vorster
Chief Observer
WG Cook