[Kdenlive-devel] Proposal for contribution from university

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 20:28:42 UTC 2014

Hi there, Dani, and welcome.

A good place to start for anyone that knows how to code but is new to
a project is to hunt down a few bugs.

In keeping with that, it might be a good idea for your "task force" to
get accounts at mantis, our bug tracker:
www.kdenlive.org/mantis/my_view_page.php

Go through the open ( and fixed! ) bugs and feature requests there,
and then grab a copy of the source
and have a little competition to see who can squash the most bugs!

I think that will be the quickest way for them to learn how everything
fits together, and be of the greatest value to the project.

I hope that one of the developers here reply and accept your patches,
or provide a vetting process.

Unfortunately, I have never had the benefit of coding at school, and
all I do around here is to test kdenlive and report bugs.

I hope that this helps?

Kind regards,
Evert Vorster

On 10 July 2014 14:36, Dani Gutiérrez Porset <jdanitxu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to everyone,
> I briefly present myself: I'm a teacher at the school of Telecom Engineering
> in Bilbao, and was the local coordinator of Akademy 13, maybe some of you
> were here last year.
>
> The aim of this email is to propose a collaboration in Kdenlive project with
> two students that must do their ending career project. We have another
> student helping in Kde-Telepathy and another one in a mozilla project
> related to icecast and webRTC, and I'd like to have a "small task force"
> also in Kdenlive, as I think it's an amazing software.
>
> If some of you can be a kind of interface to talk about this, please send me
> a direct email, or if you prefer to talk here also it's ok. Apart from the
> general ok (or not) for the contribution, I'd like to know about:
> * In which features they could collaborate: MLT,...
> * Who could be, at the first weeks, the contact to guide them a little bit
>
>   Thanks a lot in advance, and long live free software and KDE ;)

Evert Vorster
Chief Observer
WG Cook