[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive and Movit

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Feb 11 18:16:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 1:22 AM, Steinar H. Gunderson
<sgunderson at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> It should be easy enough to use OpenGL output without using Movit filters.
> We just need some adjustments so that MLT can simply not load the Movit
> module if initialization fails (instead of Movit exiting).

Here is what I tried doing in shotcut. It has been awhile since I
tested the negative case, but it captures the spirit of the MLT API
around this:

https://github.com/mltframework/shotcut/blob/master/src/glwidget.cpp#L310

Probably need to build with -DNDEBUG to suppress asserts. It looks
like movit/init.cpp will still set movit_initialized, which is what
MLT uses to set the glsl_supported property, true regardless of
failures. Probably it was wrong of me to highjack that global movit
var for this purpose. Have init_movit() return a value?
check_extensions before measure calls?