[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive and Movit

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 11 09:22:05 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 09:53:12AM +0100, Vincent Pinon wrote:
> In case you would like to digg the problem:
> happening in the check after:
> glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA16F_ARB, width, 1, 0, GL_RGBA,
> GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);

This is just a case of i915 not having enough featureset to run Movit
(no support for floating-point textures). I think it's from 2005 or something
similar.

> And maybe users with only this kind of low end machines (poor areas, students,
> people traveling light...) still might want to edit (SD) video and choose
> kdenlive?
> So it makes sense to keep a checkbox to use it without GL(SL) if we don't
> maintain a pre-GL version?

It should be easy enough to use OpenGL output without using Movit filters.
We just need some adjustments so that MLT can simply not load the Movit
module if initialization fails (instead of Movit exiting).

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/