[kdenlive] development synchronization

Roger Morton ttguy1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 10:08:55 UTC 2014

So what do y'all think of Steve Guilford's approach to moving the kdenlive
code to kde5?

A bit different to Vincents and JBMs ideas?  I don't have a pony in this
race. Very new to all this. But it seems to me that it might be worth a
shot trying to do this without branching and merging.

Advantages I see -
Don't have to abandon bug fixes in 0.9 branch
Don't have to merge bug fixes in from 0.9 branch
If Steves Idea works the same code could be compiled for kde4 or kde5

Steve,
Have you made any progress on your proof of concept git clone?

I volunteer to test this stuff no matter what route you all decide to take.