[kdenlive] Best workflow for large projects

Brian Cluff kdenlive at macrosift.com
Tue Dec 2 20:35:47 UTC 2014

On 12/02/2014 09:45 AM, Pascal Fleury wrote:
> 3- I then prepare a video track called "stock", and watch the clips.
> While it's playing I use keys to set in- and out-points. When I press
> 'out', the clip is dragged to the timeline (just drag the clip monitor
> view to the timeline, it will add a clip taken between the current in
> and out points). [see this
> <https://kdenlive.org/user-manual/quickstart-guide/first-project/dragging-clips-timeline>]
> Once the clip is in the timeline, set the current position to 'in'
> again, and press play. If I want to skip material, I just wait until I
> get to the end of junk, then press 'in' again.

I've been doing a lot of green screen stuff lately and I would like to
have a workflow similar to this, but find that I'm having to drag the
whole video to the time line, apply the necessary effect to get the
green screen looking nice and then start cutting the video up. Otherwise
I get stuck with having to set things up on the first clip and then do
past effects over and over sometimes 100 times.

Does anyone know of something I may have missed that would allow me to
set effects in bulk on a bunch of clips... or is there possibly a better
way of doing what I'm doing.

If it helps with looking at what kinds of videos I have been doing, all
the videos I have done on my youtube channel have been run though
kdenlive, and are mostly just presentations to our local Linux users
group, so they all have been edited in a similar style as described above:
https://www.youtube.com/user/fone626/videos

Brian Cluff