[Kdenlive-devel] Let's make KDEnlive lives again together

Brian Matherly pez4brian at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 15:26:54 UTC 2013

> what do you mean with "0.9" ? if you mean 0.9.0, its a long time ago code, with logs of bugs and features lost......
> If you mean 0.9.6, its ok (for me at least).

I am referring to the v0.9 "stable" branch.

See here in the "heads" list:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdenlive.git

There is a "master" branch where the refactor code lives:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdenlive.git&a=tree&hb=1eed118ece688bd02e9c062d1d30e6672c8dfe56

There is a "v0.9" branch where bug fixes can be applied:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdenlive.git&a=tree&hb=1f0072e81e683935793ae5c42e7f3950b9683ae9

Before JB merged the refactor into master, he created a 0.9 branch for bug fixes while the master gets stabilized. See his announcement here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=CAHMxv35RbyPashjN_nZ6UrPUimXqPTMQ%3D32Q5rvWOgP_Rke%2BYA%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=kdenlive-devel

If we use the branches the way JB intended, we will put bug fixes (and maybe small feature improvements) in the 0.9 branch and release 0.9.7 from that branch.

I still think that anyone capable of adding features would be capable of getting master working. Master does run - and it looks really great. There are just some editing functions that need to get hooked back up.

~BM