[Kdenlive-devel] Refactoring branch, important info

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Fri May 31 01:31:02 UTC 2013

On Thursday 30 May 2013 22.33:10 Simon A. Eugster wrote:
> Hey jb!
>
> I have been silent for much longer, at least regarding the code … the
> expectation to have more time during the master thesis proved wrong.
> I'd like to work on the titler, and on integrating the scopes and the
> audio alignment (if necessary). But when? :D Especially the titler would
> need a lot of refactoring too (editing multiple objects at the same
> time) which I cannot afford.
>
> But perhaps the other two. Can you tell me when the functionality is in
> Kdenlive so I can start working on it? Then my conscience is a bit better :)

Hello Simon!

Nice to hear from you. I have finally found some time & energy to work again on
Kdenlive and have started to work seriously on Till's refactoring code, and I
am quite happy with the progress. I will commit my work in the next 3-4 days.

In the next weeks, I will concentrate on  restoring the basic functionnalities
(adding clips in timeline, effects).

I think it should be possible to restore the scopes in 2-3 weeks.
Timeline still needs a lot of work, moving clips still doesn't work, so audio
align  will need to wait some more - I will keep you updated.

The titler is a big task, I have no plan to work on it soon.

Will anyways try to post progress infoson the website soon.

regards
jb