[Kdenlive-devel] Refactoring branch, important info

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Fri May 24 13:45:17 UTC 2013

Hello!

I have been very silent these last weeks, so here is an update.

I plan to merge refactoring branch into master in a few days (something like
the 29th of may if no objection is made).

*********************************
This means that the master branch will become unusable for editing during
several months!!! Currently, the "refactor" version of Kdenlive can just open
a clip and play it, nothing more!
*********************************

So everyone building development packages for Kdenlive should switch to the
"09" branch which contains only bugfixes.

This will hopefully allow more developers to join the refactoring effort, I
will post something about it in the next days on Kdenlive's website.

On my side, I have been working a little bit on the refactoring branch and
have a patch almost ready to change the way monitors work, taking some
inspiration from Shotcut.

With my patch, you can select the display type of the monitors (OpenGL,
accelerated GLSL, QGraphicsView and SDL), and switch it live without
restarting Kdenlive. This also means that depending on your config (if OpenGL
is supported on your system), you can now have 2 monitors playing (for example
project and clip monitor) at the same time.

Any comments welcome,

regards
jb