[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive 0.9.3

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Jan 29 20:07:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:48:25 +0100
Christ-Jan Wijtmans <cj.wijtmans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay
>
> $ ffmpeg -f alsa -i default -f x11grab -r 25 -s 1280x720 -i
> :0.0+320,180 -vcodec huffyuv -preset ultrafast -qp 0 output.mkv

I gave you an exact command to try, but you added "-preset ultrafast -qp
0" which are libx264 options.

> This worked pretty good for me but in vlc the sound doesnt play
> properly and in kplayer the sound plays properly but the video keeps
> resizing which it doesnt in vlc.

What is important is if it works fine in Kdenlive if you're planning
on editing. Some players or older machines may have trouble decoding
1280x720 huffyuv at realtime.

If you simply want to capture the screen and then upload to YouTube,
then:

1. Capture lossless using huffyuv or libx264 lossless mode using the
   examples I gave you in earlier replies.

2. Re-encode this output as shown in "How to Encode Videos for YouTube
   and other Video Sharing Sites":

   <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/EncodeforYouTube>

If your machine can handle it you can skip the lossless encoding and
adapt the settings as shown in the "How to ... YouTube" link to record
the screen.