[Kdenlive-devel] Audio sync issue

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Feb 7 21:50:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Doran Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:
> I have had similar issues.

That is not saying much. A/V sync has been a problem for every media
tool since day 1 and will continue to be.

> For example, when editing a project that combines
> video from my Panasonic HD camera and my Canon DV cameras, I get some audio
> sync drift.
>
> The HD files are 59.94 fps, 44.1k audio sample rate.
>
> The DV files are 29.97 fps, 48k audio sample rate.
>
> Could the sample rate be causing some of the sync issues?

Maybe but doubtful. Only detailed analysis of specific scenarios will
go somewhere.

To the original poster, you need to provide a sample file, the project
settings, and the render settings in order to investigate.
--
+-DRD-+