[Kdenlive-devel] movit integration

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Sat Dec 14 18:00:46 UTC 2013

Hi!

Does anyone know where I should start to get movit working with kdenlive?

I assume I need to get the kdenlive monitor to use the qglsl consumer in mlt.
>From peeking around in the source, it seems like I need to:

 * add a handler for the MLT event "consumer-thread-started", and in this:
  - ensure that the render context from the qglwidget is current
  - allocate a glsl.manager filter to check for the opengl module in MLT
  - fire the "init glsl" event on that filter
  - check glsl_supported to see if glsl is supported on the machine
 * change the Render::consumer_frame_show to fetch the texture and pass it to
   the videoglwidget
 * add a consumer-thread-stopped listener to clean up (firing "glsl close")

That's the gist of what I got from
http://www.mltframework.org/bin/view/MLT/OpenGL at least.

Any comments or other ideas?

--