[Kdenlive-devel] v0.9/stable maintainer? (was Re: Breaking news )

Vincent PINON vincent.pinon at laposte.net
Thu Dec 5 21:47:01 UTC 2013

Le 05/12/2013 21:32, Mikko Rapeli a écrit :
> In git moving/renaming branches is trivial so they might as well stay
> as they are for now. <snip>
Actually I just forwarded "refactoring" to include all changes that
happened in master,
and forwarded "next" to include all changes that were made on v0.9.4+
branch.
I planned to revert "master" to "next" to ease packagers job, but this
roll-back gets a bit more sensitive
> Yes, I can try to fixing bugs in v0.9 when ever I have time. And also
> automate some of the Q&A tools already discussed here.
>
> This brings up another question: Who has commit rights to the current git
> repo? Would someone with rights like to play a 'v0.9/stable' maintainer
> to push patches in and possible do release tagging once in a while?
>
> Patches could go through this mailing list, or via github if that's preferable.
> I like the mailing list approach as things can easily be discussed here too,
> if we're lucky to have some reviews as well. Maybe that's a big if :)
Kdenlive has always welcomed contributions very openly, so now anyone
with kde dev account can push in any branch.

I find this simple situation convenient as long as the number of
contributors is small and respectful...

But if you prefer I can centralize the patches for "stable" version...

Thanks for your help!

Vincent.