[Kdenlive-devel] Howdy. How can I help?

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sat Apr 20 19:43:21 UTC 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM, farid abdelnour <snd.noise at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
>> Yes, but the EDL can only represent a very limited subset of what
>> Kdenlive can do. I think you are just limited to clips on tracks of a
>> timeline with no filters or transitions. That may seem kind of
>> pointless, but some people keep asking for it nonetheless. :-)
>

> edl its not actually limited it is a way to be able to work with other
> editors in different studios.

Wow, this EDL thing is unlimited; it must be pure magic! I was trying
to prevent questions like "how do I represent the effects and
transitions in my timleine?" Read what I said. EDL is definitely a
more limited representation than the Kdenlive project file. I know
that it is used to exchange information with other editors, but only
*some* information. That is, by definition, "a limited subset of what
Kdenlive can do." When we provide things like this, many less informed
users will expect that they can now load their kdenlive project into
blender with full fidelity. You give an inch and they expect a mile.

--
+-DRD-+