[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.9.2 released, and a versioning question

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Tue May 29 22:16:40 UTC 2012

Hi everyone.

I just released Kdenlive 0.9.2 that fixes most of the regressions found in
Kdenlive 0.9 as well as some other bugs.

The source tarball is currently being moved to the KDE servers and will be
available here:

http://download.kde.org/stable/kdenlive/

I will be preparing the announcement soon.

By the way, I have some questions about our releases versioning.
Will Stephenson asked me to keep the same number of digits in our releases or
it can create problems in packaging management.

So my guess is that we should use the rather standard x.y.z format where x is
increased when a new major release is made, y is increased when a new minor
release is made and z is for bugfix releases.

Is that ok for everyone?

Second question, in Randa last year we decided to use even number for stable
releases and odd numbers for development releases. However that was before the
move to git, and now I am not sure it really makes sense.

For example I created a 0.9 branch and will make bugfix releases for that
branch. In my opinion, the bugfix releases should be called 0.9.1, 0.9.2, etc.
Since these are bugfix releases there is no unstable releases between them...

The biggest puzzle for me is what version number should be used for trunk now
that there is a 0.9 branch...

Your thoughts are welcome,

Jean-Baptiste