[Kdenlive-devel] Campaign goal nearly achieved

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:00:29 UTC 2012

On 21 March 2012 13:49, Till Theato <root at ttill.de> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> we nearly achieved our goal.
> Thanks for the enormous support everyone!
>
> Should we keep pushing the campaign? Are there other things that would
> require money?
> Sorry for my lack of activity so far but I'm currently really busy.
> Hope it will be better from next week on...
>

> regards
>
> Till

I think you should keep pushing.  Like someone else said on the list, you
can only really do this sort of thing once, so better to go all out this
time around.

The extra money could be used for more time off for developers in the
future maybe?  I think this is the most productive thing that can be done
for the project.  Once the re factoring is done, maybe a bug squashing week
or something like that, get on top of everything.

I think as long as everyone knows where the money is going, then there
should not be a problem, don't want people to get upset if they don't know
what is being spent on what.

I have emailed a few Linux podcasts, try and get a mention about the
fundraising drive.

It is clear that people really want the project to get better and better,
$3931 in 4/5 days is incredible, a great show from the community at large.

Just my opinions anyway

Thanks

Martin