[Kdenlive-devel] copy/paste

Vincent PINON vincent.pinon at laposte.net
Fri Jun 15 21:29:57 UTC 2012

Sorry for not being clear :-/
Let's say we prepare a 1h movie, splitted in 10mn chapters, each in one
kdenlive project file (already >100 clips for each chapter).
A topic that was integrated in chapter 1 (say 4mn of interview,
illustration, actions all mixed) would actually fit really well in
chapter 3, but with alternating responses from an other edited interview
(5 other mn with precisely adjusted transitions etc) forming a new 9mn
sequence all mixed-up, but keeping many audio alignments, cross fades or
whatever.
Copying 4mn of timeline from chapter 1, pasting into chapter 2 (other
kdenlive project), changing many things...
If the new edits prove good, maybe images from chapter 1 will be deleted
(maybe few  non-redundant images will be kept), but no need to
synchronize at all the timelines : it is a totally new edition trial.

(Technical detail : the clips can have been imported in advance in
chapter 2...)

At last, in the main project, chapters timelines might be dropped as a
whole.
The result is a main timeline with access to sub-timelines, but that can
exchange data and move parts from one to another (called "pistes
gigognes" in french, sorry I can't remember the translation in the
reverse way!)