[Kdenlive-devel] KDEnlive Bugs I encountered

Till Theato root at ttill.de
Mon Jan 16 21:52:49 UTC 2012

On 01/14/2012 11:28 PM, Stefan Naumann wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I was trying to make a selfmade teaser of a game with kdenlive as
> it is in the PPA of Oneric Onion (Ubuntu 11.10). I encountered
> several bugs or at least some silly stuff:
>
> At first I had footage made with Hauppauge HD PVR; AVCHD --> pretty
> poor editing speed and performance. I read on the internet that
> this behavior of KDEnlive is known, so I ran through the trouble to
> transcode it with KDEnlive (ffmpeg) to mpeg2. Imported the videos
> and it goes nicely.
>
> The creating of thumbnail images is okay, but a bit to slow if you
> ask me. the generating of proxy clips - it'd be nice if one could
> have any clear sign, what the program does now. If it is still
> generating the proxy clips, so say it, not just do and I have to
> wait. There were lots of crashes (this is the reason why I stopped
> the project), when I had some videos in the timeline and tried to
> set the marker to a earlier point. It just crashed. I think a video
> editing program should never just quit itself, even if its cause is
> a Segfault. The preview images where pretty slow. My screen isn't
> big enough to see all the effects, that you bundled with KDEnlive.
>

> Why don't I have a button for (re)generating all proxy clips? or
> just for the file selected. ? It'd be nice to have a faster program
> and to see what KDEnlive does.

Hey,

what version of Kdenlive are you using? The recent versions should
show progress of proxy generation.
Proxies should be generated automatically, so what kind of button do
you need?

The issue with the huge amount of LADSPA audio effect is fixed in the
current development version so this will arrive in the next release.

Regarding the crash, please open a bug report in our bug tracker
(kdenlive.org/mantis).

Hope this helps

regards

Till