[Kdenlive-devel] KDEnlive Bugs I encountered

Stefan Naumann snaumann2912 at yahoo.de
Sat Jan 14 22:28:10 UTC 2012

Hey there,

I was trying to make a selfmade teaser of a game with kdenlive as it is in the PPA of Oneric Onion (Ubuntu 11.10). I encountered several bugs or at least some silly stuff:

At first I had footage made with Hauppauge HD PVR; AVCHD --> pretty poor editing speed and performance. I read on the internet that this behavior of KDEnlive is known, so I ran through the trouble to transcode it with KDEnlive (ffmpeg) to mpeg2. Imported the videos and it goes nicely.

The creating of thumbnail images is okay, but a bit to slow if you ask me. the generating of proxy clips - it'd be nice if one could have any clear sign, what the program does now. If it is still generating the proxy clips, so say it, not just do and I have to wait. There were lots of crashes (this is the reason why I stopped the project), when I had some videos in the timeline and tried to set the marker to a earlier point. It just crashed. I think a video editing program should never just quit itself, even if its cause is a Segfault. The preview images where pretty slow. My screen isn't big enough to see all the effects, that you bundled with KDEnlive.

Why don't I have a button for (re)generating all proxy clips? or just for the file selected. ? It'd be nice to have a faster program and to see what KDEnlive does.

Thanks guys.

Regards - Naums (project leader and programmer of Oettinger Games)

---------
Waren Sie schon auf: www.oettinger-games.net.tf . Helfen Sie mit.