[Kdenlive-devel] Using both latest dev and stable version, render just sits, says "Waiting..."

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Feb 17 20:08:49 UTC 2012

2012/2/17 Doran Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com>:
> On 02/17/2012 09:55 AM, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>> How about 'melt -verbose -profile dv_ntsc_wide input.kdenlive
>> -consumer avformat:output.vob properties=DVD' ? If not, send some of
>> that output.
>
> Excellent. I didn't know about that. Here's the first few pages of that output:
>
> http://castro.iodynamics.com/~fozz/melt_out.txt
>
> It may or may not be relevant, but the HD source files from the Panasonic
> have 5.1 AC3? audio. I don't want 5.1 audio in the output file. Just stereo.

It is not clear if you just have a lot of cuts in your project, or if
it is some kind of loop. Does it keep generating those messages if you
leave it running for, say, 5 minutes? Or, does it get some point where
it is silent and stuck?

Also, I know you tried compiling things manually, but it is still easy
to do something incorrect that causes an incorrect version of mlt libs
or plugins to be used. So, it would be best to test using one of the
build scripts on mltframework.org.

Unfortunately, it is not going to be easy for us to try to reproduce
it without having all of your data. So, you might need to copy the
project and cut it down into pieces or rebuild it up piece-by-piece to
locate the offending part. If you suspect it is your HD source files,
then possibly try transcoding each using the melt command I provided
to see if it is any or just one that triggers it. The point of
transcoding is not to use them in your project - just to locate the
problem. So, you can delete those files after you are done.

--
+-DRD-+