[Kdenlive-devel] IndieGoGo campaign details

Simon A. Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:33:02 UTC 2012

On 02/16/2012 12:38 AM, Till Theato wrote:

> On 02/13/2012 11:22 PM, derrick parkhurst wrote:
>> I have three suggestions, based on our experiences. First, ask for
>> more money. Novacut took away $28k with 800 supporters. You really
>> can only do this thing once in a blue moon and so why not go for
>> broke? Second, people
>
> We will probably ask for more money to cover the perks or other
> promotional things, but what should we do with that much? I cannot
> work for much longer and the others aren't able to work full time on
> Kdenlive at all. I also currently don't see a need for hardware or
> anything like this.
> Other projects are raising money all the time. So when there's a need
> again we could launch a new campaign. Of course this probably won't
> work when $25k are requested twice...

Agree, but you should at least go a little higher than 2200 € or there
won't be anything left after all expenses :)

>> will want something new, better, faster. If your main pitch is
>> refactoring, I'm afraid your request may fall on deaf ears. If you
>> offer some new and interesting features, that will play better.
>> Finally, be sure to offer some
>
> To be able to offer this refactoring is absolutely necessary (at least
> in my opinion).

and in mine too, I spend half the time implementing a new feature and
the other half trying to figure out which part of the old code prevents
it from working correctly.

 > So we got to tell people about the new possibilities
> arising from the refactoring efforts.

http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=kdenlive.git&a=blob_plain&h=01739df2b7c6ef689c9706f0e681e672081fa220&f=TODO

and maybe the unassigned features on mantis could give some input

http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/search.php?project_id=1&handler_id=-2&severity_id=10&sticky_issues=off&sortby=last_updated&dir=DESC&hide_status_id=90

Simon