[Kdenlive-devel] Need help with the Move Clip command

Simon A. Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:50:23 UTC 2012

I'm having difficulties with the Move Clip command at the moment.
Undoing them successfully crashes Kdenlive with amazing reproducability.

Consider those files
http://granjow.net/uploads/temp/d7000.wav (13 s)
http://granjow.net/uploads/temp/h4n.wav (1 s)
and the audioAlign branch on git.

Move d7000.wav to the timeline such that it starts at 0 s. Right-click,
select «Set reference for audio alignment».
Add h4n.wav to the timeline as well (on a different track), right-click
it and select «Align audio to reference».

h4n.wav will now start at about 9 s and is in sync with d7000.wav:

|------------------------[h4n.wav]----------------
|[###################d7000.wav#######]------------

Now when doing it the other way round it fails:
Move h4n.wav to 5 s and set it as audio reference.
Move d7000.wav to 42 s and auto-align it. Here d7000.wav would have to
go to -3 s:

      t = 0
        |-----------[h4n.wav]----------------------
[######|#####d7000.wav#(ops)####]-----------------
^
t < 0

The MoveClipCommand now moves d7000 from 42 s to 0 s instead. Trying to
undo this action previously attempted to move the clip at t=-3 to t=42
again which obviously failed since there never was a clip at t=-3.

This is fixed now, so undo tries to move the clip at t=0 back to t=42.
But it fails! [1] WHY ON EARTH! I'm told that the place I want to move
my clip to is already occupied but it is blanker than blank emptyness.

Any help appreciated.
thanks
Simon

[1] renderer.cpp:3325 says the debugger and the kDebug() symbols, like
always, do not work when they are needed.