[Kdenlive-devel] IndieGoGo campaign details

derrick parkhurst derrick.parkhurst at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 22:22:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

 I have three suggestions, based on our experiences. First, ask for more
money. Novacut took away $28k with 800 supporters. You really can only do
this thing once in a blue moon and so why not go for broke? Second, people
will want something new, better, faster. If your main pitch is refactoring,
I'm afraid your request may fall on deaf ears. If you offer some new and
interesting features, that will play better. Finally, be sure to offer some
larger dollar sponsorship levels targeted at businesses, 1k, 2k, 5k,10k.
You can't get what you don't ask for.

Best
Derrick

--
Derrick Parkhurst, Ph.D.
@thirtysixthspan
derrick.parkhurst at gmail.com
The only video recorder connected to the Cloud -
http://theOpusCapture.com<http://theopuscapture.com/>
Need video of your next event?
http://OpusVideoProductions.com<http://opusvideoproductions.com/>
Oklahoma City Coworking Collaborative - http://okcCoCo.com<http://okccoco.com/>