[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Kickstarter

wille wille.yyz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:11:06 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Some suggestions for the video script:

- What is Kdenlive
- The importance of a free software video editor
- Features of Kdenlive
- Why we need to improve Kdenlive

I think it would be good show some scenes from videos edited with Kdenlive
when talking about the features and also show the people behind Kdenlive
(developers, translators, users).

best regards,
wille

2012/2/5 Till Theato <root at ttill.de>

> On 02/04/2012 05:59 PM, derrick parkhurst wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm the founder of a small video production and video product
> > startup ( http://theopushq.com) and we have used kdenlive and MLT
> > extensively for client work over the last couple years. I want to
> > thank everyone who has contributed to the project because it has
> > been enormously valuable for the survival of our business. I lead
> > our in-house software development efforts and so I follow this
> > email list.
> >
> > I want to encourage you to launch a kickstarter (or indiegogo)
> > campaign to help further fund development efforts. Of course, my
> > encouragement is in part motivated by self interest. We would love
> > to have a more powerful editing tool for our own use, but we
> > believe that there should be a free and open source alternatives
> > available to the public. That availability will also empower and
> > increase the number of people creating quality video. Our team is
> > passionate about open source and Linux as well as online video.
> >
> > I know that we, as I suspect many people and companies, would be
> > willing to contribute money to a kdenlive campaign. We have some
> > experience with these campaigns. I run our local coworking facility
> > and we just completed a successful Indiegogo campaign
> > (http://indiegogo.com/okccoco). It's actually not as hard or time
> > consuming as you might think. We spend just one week campaigning,
> > and raised almost $30k. Moreover the tax implications (in the US)
> > aren't all that troublesome, so long as you can show that you used
> > the funds for legitimate business expenses (e.g., software
> > developer salary).
> >
> > Please let me extend my help in whatever way is needed. We would
> > gladly donate funds early to the campaign to help show momentum, we
> > would be able to help write copy, we'll submit or videos as
> > examples if needed, we'll promote the campaign through our social
> > media channels, heck we can even offer up office space to
> > developers at our coworking facility, so long as they don't mind
> > living in Oklahoma. I'm sure that there are other ways that we
> > might be able to help too.
>
> Hey Derrick,
>
> thanks for you encouragement!
>

> @Ernie, @all: I'd go for indiegogo then. If there are no further
> requirements preventing this I will open a campain as fast as
> possible, hopefully this week. We could then post the video at some
> later point.
>
> How are the efforts for a script going?
>

> regards
>
> Till