[Kdenlive-devel] Release roadmap

Simon A. Eugster simon.eu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 11:14:32 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 11:18 PM, Till Theato wrote:

> On 04/13/2012 10:50 AM, jb wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I think it's time to prepare for a new release.
>
> Hey guys,
>
> I won't be available in the next 2 weeks, but I'll be back soon enough
> for the final preparations for my refactoring work.
> As I said I'll work for 2 x 20 days per 8 hours, so that's at least
> 320h by the end of June. My current plan is to work at least 7h/day
> and spend the remaining time on other things such as community,
> documentation or maybe also bug fixing (as far as that's possible
> without interfering with the refactoring).
>

>> Granjow, what about merging the audioAlign branch?
>
> Granjow, thanks a lot for your work on this feature. Helped me
> enormously already! There are some bugs I discovered but I only had
> time to fix the most relevant ones. Two others: Often audio playback
> is screwed up for the current session. After multiple alignments on
> different references/base clips Kdenlive crashes.

Thanks!
I tried to investigate a little bit into those bugs, but without success
so far. No idea either what could screw up audio playback.

As long as those bugs are not fixed yet, I'd prefer not merging them
into master (0.9) -- or mark it as unstable feature which users have to
enable in the Kdenlive settings. The lectures currently try to kill me
with homework (I think), the option for enabling AA is something I could
do for 0.9, but not all the debugging.

>> Is anybody planning to add a new feature in the next days?
>>
>> Otherwise, I would like to do a roadmap proposal for the next
>> release:
>>
>> 20th of april, feature&  string freeze 30th of april Kdenlive 0.9
>> release
>>
>> Then we could plan, a 0.9.1 bugfix&  translation update in may.
>
> Sounds good.

Agree.

Simon