[Kdenlive-devel] Release roadmap

Till Theato root at ttill.de
Fri Apr 13 21:18:53 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 10:50 AM, jb wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I think it's time to prepare for a new release.

Hey guys,

I won't be available in the next 2 weeks, but I'll be back soon enough
for the final preparations for my refactoring work.
As I said I'll work for 2 x 20 days per 8 hours, so that's at least
320h by the end of June. My current plan is to work at least 7h/day
and spend the remaining time on other things such as community,
documentation or maybe also bug fixing (as far as that's possible
without interfering with the refactoring).

> Granjow, what about merging the audioAlign branch?

Granjow, thanks a lot for your work on this feature. Helped me
enormously already! There are some bugs I discovered but I only had
time to fix the most relevant ones. Two others: Often audio playback
is screwed up for the current session. After multiple alignments on
different references/base clips Kdenlive crashes.

> Is anybody planning to add a new feature in the next days?
>
> Otherwise, I would like to do a roadmap proposal for the next
> release:
>
> 20th of april, feature & string freeze 30th of april Kdenlive 0.9
> release
>
> Then we could plan, a 0.9.1 bugfix & translation update in may.

Sounds good.

> After that, I think we can concentrate on the refactoring and plan
> a 1.0 version at the end of the year for Kdenlive's 10th birthday!
>
> Let me know if the 0.9 release at the end of the month seems
> possible for you, on my side I will concentrate on stabilizing the
> new effect stack widget / group feature.

Amazing improvement over the old effect stack. Thanks! The effects
system is also where I plan to start my work (explanation will
follow), but since the release is scheduled for end of April we
hopefully won't run into any conflicts.

regards

Till