[Kdenlive-devel] PATCH: Support for Dynamic Text Filter in Effect Stack

Brian Matherly pez4brian at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 15:23:25 UTC 2011

Hi Till,

> I just had a look at your patch and there are several things that
> prevented me from committing it before the release.

Thanks for reviewing the patch.

> Please add an XML effect description (see the xml files in effects/
> and effects/README). This will make the parameter names translatable.
> It would also be possible then to add a comment about the meaning of
> the keywords (see SOP/Sat effect for an example). Additionally for the
> geometry parameter the keyframe functionality can be hidden.
>
> Please also use the already existing color widget (type "color").

All good points. I'll see what I can do.

Regarding the geometry keyframe: I think it might make sense to keep the keyframe functionality exposed. The transition will extrapolate the position and transparency values between keyframes. That allows you to make special effects to the overlay such as:
* Make the overlay fade in for a few seconds and then fade out
* Make the overlay move around the screen.

I'll upload an new patch to the bug tracker after I think I have resolved your comments.

~Brian