[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Kickstarter

Till Theato root at ttill.de
Mon Sep 19 17:32:13 UTC 2011

On 09/17/2011 11:10 PM, Ernie Zahn wrote:
> Hey Simon Sounds great! I'll draft a script then?

Wait, wait, wait ... (just a little bit ;)) but thanks for the will to
take care of this!

There is no 100% certainty that I'll be able to spend this time on
Kdenlive, so we need an alternative just in case.
I'd also like to hear opinions from the others about how money donated
to Kdenlive should be used. Maybe someone else would also be able to
spend some time on Kdenlive? Maybe Hardware?

> @Till, I think the fact that Novacut just did one is a good reason
>  to do one now. Kdenlive is public and is waaay past proof of
> concept. Users can test drive it for themselves. We could advertise
> at as funding for version 1.0. I can speak to that personally since
> I haven't been developing but it's a thought.

We then have to make sure we don't promise to much, so we don't
frustrate anyone.
At Desktop Summit I talked to a guy who is involved in a site to
create surveys for (open source) software. It is currently closed beta
but we created a Kdenlive project. I will invite the others (jb,
simon, alberto, someone else?) and give some short information about
the site soon.
Maybe we could create a survey concerning donations (or maybe make it
part of a more general survey)?

> @Dan. Yeah I can totally see how for some people they can't put
> more time into it then they already have but this funding could
> potentially be used to raise awareness and attract new developers
> to work out kinks, bugs and features etc.
>
> Who can we get in touch with at Kdenlive? To make this work we
> would either need to work with someone on the main team or get some
> kind of privileges to make sure we can promise things like adding a
> backers name to the site etc.

That'd be jb. He appears to be quite busy currently, but I guess he
will answer to this tread sooner or later.