[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Kickstarter

Ernie Zahn ernest.zahn at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 21:10:20 UTC 2011

Hey Simon Sounds great! I'll draft a script then?

@Till, I think the fact that Novacut just did one is a good reason to do one
now. Kdenlive is public and is waaay past proof of concept. Users can test
drive it for themselves. We could advertise at as funding for version 1.0. I
can speak to that personally since I haven't been developing but it's a
thought.

@Dan. Yeah I can totally see how for some people they can't put more time
into it then they already have but this funding could potentially be used to
raise awareness and attract new developers to work out kinks, bugs and
features etc.

Who can we get in touch with at Kdenlive? To make this work we would either
need to work with someone on the main team or get some kind of privileges to
make sure we can promise things like adding a backers name to the site etc.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Simon A. Eugster <simon.eu at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 17.09.2011 21:08, Till Theato wrote:
> >
> > On 09/15/2011 06:18 PM, Dan Dennedy wrote:

> >> Is any developer willing to make the level of commitment that the
> >> money obligates? I do not pay much attention to Kickstarter, but
> >> my impression is that it is more appropriate for a person or group
> >> that is going to use the money to work on the project fulltime. Is
> >> that a fair impression or wrong?
> >
> > I don't know much about Kickstarter either, but I might be able to
> > work on Kdenlive (and MLT maybe?) fulltime for 1 or 2 months, spring
> > next year. Of course I'd need some money then. All the Kickstarter
> > projects I have seen so far were bigger projects, so maybe a simple
> > donation would be better? Since there just was the Novacut Kickstarter
> > project I also doubt that it would be too successful.
>
> I'd say, let's give it a try when you're ready!
>
> Simon

Divine Comedies
Est. 2008