[Kdenlive-devel] Release and future...

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Sep 2 23:45:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 September 2011 00:44:46 Till Theato wrote:
>> For the update thing to work a MLT release would be required, too. @Dan?
>
> Oh, you mean because the frei0r version is new in MLT... right I didn't think
> about it...

of course

>> > Once both steps have been taken for the filters that will be
>> > modified in frei0r, I will prepare the release.
>>
>> What about that 10 tracks bug?
>
> That's an MLT issue, I have not investigated more.

I do not know the specific problem, but 10 is a magic number in MLT.
It is the default size of a mlt_cache. For example, there can only be
10 instances of avformat producer active at one time. Sound like the
problem?
Caching lets you make an object model with hundreds (thousands?) of
avformat producer objects. Without it, it was holding all of the files
open and one could easily exhaust max file handles or threads
(multi-threaded decoding) per process.

--
+-DRD-+