[Kdenlive-devel] effects

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Mar 30 17:26:27 UTC 2011

написане Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:00:59 +0300, Jan Drábek <me at jandrabek.cz>:

> Also the string has a lot of small mistakes:
> Undecided size of first letter of multiple words sentences/phrases
> Plural strings without any variable inserted (who quantify this?)

It is allowed by gettext.

> Numerical parameters (why is there 50 Hz? this should be same in all
> translations!)

That is not true (in Eastern Slavic languages this is definitely
translated (50 Гц))

> Characters (:::, :, alpha etc.)

Can be different in different languages.

> HTML inside translation (CDATA...)

This was intended (to keep HTML-formatting)

> Names of real people.

These names can be transliterated (as they were transliterated to Latin).

Other remarks: Keeping context in place will be done after KDE transition
(I really hope) with modification of Messages.sh to not sort messages
alphabetically.