[Kdenlive-devel] effects

Jan Drábek me at jandrabek.cz
Wed Mar 30 17:00:59 UTC 2011

Dne 30.3.2011 18:36, Dan Dennedy napsal(a):
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine
> <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it too late to add/fix effects descriptions? The whole face* thing
>> is not covered, and some existing descriptions (like sox flanger)
>> don't have lists (in comboxes) translatable.
> I vote against this for the release.
> JB, if you decide to include, then please factor in time for review
> and testing by another as I had to do a lot of cleanup to the last
> round of changes in this area.

I would like to have it all translated - however no pushing into this
release ss this can't be easy.
However even if we could translate all the strings, the major problems
remains in knowing what the effects do, how the parameters affect the
result etc.

I see this mostly impractical as I am sometimes not able to find the
usage (comment which says usage in "rc" is not enough), or the effect(s)
crash whole Kdenlive at random etc, or I cannot find any change when
trying to change parameters... etc.

Also the string has a lot of small mistakes:
Undecided size of first letter of multiple words sentences/phrases
Plural strings without any variable inserted (who quantify this?)
Numerical parameters (why is there 50 Hz? this should be same in all
translations!)
Characters (:::, :, alpha etc.)
HTML inside translation (CDATA...)
Names of real people.

That's what I think should be said and considered to be sanitazed in
next releases.
Jan Drábek