[Kdenlive-devel] Fwd: Re: Rendering dialog redesign

Hugh Tebby hugh.tebby at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:26:14 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I've just seen these emails and wanted to give some feedback on the mockups.

Here how I think it could look like, based on last proposition from JB :
http://www.kdenlive.org/sites/default/files/images/kdenlive-rendering-dialog-v2.3-main.png

Basically I found that the tabs on the right didn't really integrate well in
the current interface. I just took the same tabs we have now and added them
at the top.

I added two "presets" buttons, where basically clicking the "load preset"
would show something looking like the current preset selection (with
categories and many choices available). The "save preset" would overwrite
the current preset (after asking the user to confirm) or ask for a new and
category to save.

It would maybe but useful to have the name of the current preset or "no
preset selected" displayed next the buttons, maybe as an editable field...

Concerning the favorites, I'm not sure how useful they would be... Actually
I haven't yet had any need for favorites in Kdenlive and I haven't found out
how they work (I usually create custom profiles or just pick one that suits
my project). But I think they should be added to the "select preset"
interface and not be in a separate tab.

Any thought ?

Cheers,
Hugh