[Kdenlive-devel] Drag Value

Gabriel Gazzán gabcorreo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 15:11:02 UTC 2011

To be honest, I still find it distracting and visually heavy.
Perhaps if the background colored slider part only appeared when a user is
dragging it'd be much more easy on the eye and still retain functionality.
If you are to leave it as it is, then I definitely would invert the colors,
making darker all other values but the shown in timeline one.

Also I don't find it neccessary to give the value numbers a different
background. This contributes to the heaviness of the interface look as there
are usually lots of parameters on display.
I think if we want to indicate the user that these values accept input, we
could just change the color of the value (text, not its background) when the
mouse pointer is hovering it. This should be enough for telling him/her that
"something happens" with that value.

Regarding the "show in timeline" option, I'm thinking that it'd be useful to
also have a faster way of setting it, besides the right click menu. Perhaps
Ctrl + click, Shift + click, Alt + click (or any combination) over the
parameter to make it the shown one.

Thank you for your hard work and your time!!
Gabriel