[Kdenlive-devel] Getting ready ofr the 0.8.2 release

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sun Aug 28 21:57:57 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Till Theato <root at ttill.de> wrote:

> On 07/05/2011 06:32 PM, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:54 AM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I think I fixed most major issues for the 0.8.2 release. I
>>> created the 0.8.2 info page ( http://kdenlive.org/discover/0.8.2
>>>  ), and will soon post a blog entry to inform users.
>>>
>>> If it's ok for everyone, I would like to enter string freeze
>>> tomorrow (on the 6th of July).
>>>
>>> Then, we can wait 2 weeks to give some time for the translators
>>> and get some feedback from testers, so that the release can be
>>> made around the 20th of July.
>
> We almost made it :D
>

>>> One of the last thing on my list is to check that profile /
>>> mlt_profile conflict in render profiles.
>>
>> It is as easy as removing all profile=  in the current xml. Then,
>> wherever that occurred means a rule needs to be enforced: only
>> show render presets compatible to project settings (same fps).
>> Then, as long as the preset contains s= and aspect=, it will work
>> fine since it will engage the consumer producer.
>
> Hi,
> thanks for the tip! Done in r5845.

Big mistake. You misunderstood. MLT does not automatically invoke the
consumer producer in the presence of s=. It is kdenlive that does it
and must continue to do it. Also, it is ok to use mlt_profile as long
as you only offer it when the fps matches the project settings. My
commit yesterday r5839 fixes that. Please revert this commit because
it is a regression.

--
+-DRD-+