[Kdenlive-devel] Getting ready ofr the 0.8.2 release

Till Theato root at ttill.de
Sun Aug 28 20:47:28 UTC 2011

On 07/05/2011 06:32 PM, Dan Dennedy wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:54 AM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I think I fixed most major issues for the 0.8.2 release. I
>> created the 0.8.2 info page ( http://kdenlive.org/discover/0.8.2
>>  ), and will soon post a blog entry to inform users.
>>
>> If it's ok for everyone, I would like to enter string freeze
>> tomorrow (on the 6th of July).
>>
>> Then, we can wait 2 weeks to give some time for the translators
>> and get some feedback from testers, so that the release can be
>> made around the 20th of July.

We almost made it :D

>> One of the last thing on my list is to check that profile /
>> mlt_profile conflict in render profiles.
>
> It is as easy as removing all profile=  in the current xml. Then,
> wherever that occurred means a rule needs to be enforced: only
> show render presets compatible to project settings (same fps).
> Then, as long as the preset contains s= and aspect=, it will work
> fine since it will engage the consumer producer.

Hi,
thanks for the tip! Done in r5845.

> If you think of blocking issues, it's time to speak.

Some frei0r filters will be updated soon because their parameters do
not obey to the double range [0,1] rule. I'd like to implement an
update mechanism in Kdenlive first because some of them are probably
(?) widely used (e.g. white balance or SOP/SAT) and existing projects
would be broken otherwise. Will try to do it asap probably in the next
few days.

Then there's the thing with some LADSPA effects being broken.
@Dan: What is the issue with the XML description for LADSPA effects?
Couldn't they be fixed, because removing them would make it impossible
to translate them...

In the mean time a few more translation updates would be cool (bug
fixes of course, too ;))!

@jb: Will you write a short article for the dot and an email to
kde-multimedia (and maybe to Kde-announce-apps)?

regards

Till