[Kdenlive-devel] Default title length

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 31 13:17:35 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 31 March 2010 14:56:00 John T. Mertz wrote:
> More importantly though is the question how SHOULD it be stored? If
> the user works in frame count mode and enters a default duration of 25
> frames (1 second @25fps), then we store it as 25 frames, the resulting
> default title duration will change if the user switches project
> formats to a new frame rate.

imho - just imho, as a user - if i'm working with frames:
1. i set N frames and i want them to be N forever. i don't want the program to
change them for me. if i want 2 seconds, i would work with timecode
2. it's my responsibility to take care of this

if something has to be done, i vote for adding a notice on profile changing.
there is already one if i remember correctly (that isn't really a suggested
operation): conditionally adding some text to that one would be trivial
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

I got the bill for my surgery.  Now I know what those doctors were
wearing masks for.
		-- James Boren