[Kdenlive-devel] Self packaged video files

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 14 20:57:23 UTC 2010

On Monday 14 June 2010 16:24:38 John T. Mertz wrote:
> Regarding that thread: am I understanding correctly then that
kdenlive
> stores md5 hashes for every file you import?

yes

> I would expect this to be
> a performance issue for big projects. For example, editing a 2-hour
5
> camera production or similar. Especially in HD, you would end up
with
> huge files which generating hashes on would not be very efficient,

all the tests so far has proven it to be FAST. of course, if you submit
different data, we may discuss on that. there was the idea to make it
an option, which is not that bad actually

> and
> hashing only the start/end of the file would not be very accurate
> either since you could end up with a huge portion of clips
unchecked.
> It wasn't clear in the thread what the final resolution was, though it
> sounded like a hash IS generated.

hash of the first 1 (or 10? i don't remember) megabyte plus last 1
(10) megabyte and file size are stored. that doesn't cover any
possibility, but i hope it manages at least 98% of them
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Briefcase, n.:
	A trial where the jury gets together and forms a lynching party.