[Kdenlive-devel] Self packaged video files

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Jun 4 18:02:05 UTC 2010

2010/6/4 Ryan Peters <sloshy45 at sbcglobal.net>:
> On 06/03/2010 10:35 PM, velociraptor Genjix wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> There should be a feature in KDEnlive which creates a subdirectory with all
> the clip paths for the project modified and the data sources copied.
> That way you can share KDEnlive project files and the clip sources won't be
> broken. This way people can put project files in tutorials to show how they
> did a particular effect. And the videos would have the "source" open.
> ________________________________
>
> I agree. This is one of the major reasons that not many videos are "open
> source". The few that are usually use Flash or something. Being able to
> release the source to my videos in an easy-to-put-together way would make me
> a very happy video editor! It could be done, I'm thinking, in the form of a
> file added to the root directory of the source files. This file would work
> like a project file, but it would add videos based on their relative
> location to the project file instead of an absolute location. Just my two
> cents.
>
>     - Ryan Peters

Are either of you at least script-level coders? This is something for
which anyone can make a simple, little utility. It could even be
integrated into Dolphin and Nautilus to avoid the need for a UI. You
just need to know about XML manipulation and file operations. Maybe
once it is solid, we can then add it to the Kdenlive install and
provide a menu item in Kdenlive to execute it as well. Also, if
someone is looking for a little exercise into Qt and C++ in order to
start contributing more to Kdenlive, this would be great to write
standalone, again to be integrated with file managers and then
Kdenlive.

--
+-DRD-+