[Kdenlive-devel] Spamming users

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Jul 23 16:45:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Simon Eugster <simon.eu at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Alberto
> Here the ban list:
> http://kdenlive.org/users/max007
> http://kdenlive.org/users/common
> http://kdenlive.org/users/sunyanan85
> http://kdenlive.org/users/room/track
> http://kdenlive.org/users/star09
> http://kdenlive.org/users/masini

While moderating, I often do not ban the users because most of them
are new, one-time-use accounts and because the process to banning is
slow - really the combination of the 2. If it is very obvious to me
that there is an account with a decent amount of spam posts then I try
to ban them. Otherwise, it's just quicker and convenient to delete the
spam post, and the convenience is important to me.

This issue with the level of spam is frustrating. I do not know if
drupal is particularly weak (or too popular), if the drupal
installation requires too much administering to stay abreast, or if it
just reality now that any community-oriented, self-maintained site
using an off-the-shelf CMS is unable to compete with spam such that
one ought to use a service that has a staff dedicated to handling it.

--
+-DRD-+