[Kdenlive-devel] skip_frame affecting render

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Fri Feb 5 18:11:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:
> I was testing some MLT changes with AVCHD when I noticed the video
> (but not audio) of rendered output was playing twice as fast as
> expected. I found that when you have "Drop B frames on H.264" enabled
> in Settings, it is putting non-empty (bidir) skip_frame and
> skip_loop_filter elements in the generated XML.Turning that option off
> fixes it. These should not be used when rendering - only the preview
> monitors. This might explain why some people are reporting the
> rendered output does not have the same cuts as they put on the
> timeline.

See this related bug:

http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1330

skip_frame=bidir is affecting my video playout speed in melt too - at
least on my mac. I am still pondering all of the options and looking
into further, but you might want to consider something drastic, last
minute, such as hiding that option and ignoring any saved setting from
previous version.

--
+-DRD-+